Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The nay-sayers

So we're not sharing much with friends and family about this wedding, but I did share a few details about what I wanted my day to feel like with some friends. I was shocked by their negative responses.

I'm honestly surprised by how bothered I was even days later by this. It's someone's wedding; it's one of the most important days of someone's life. And someone else thinks they can just poo-poo all over it?

Boooooooooooooooo

I feel like the gossip etiquette should be keep quiet or fake happy until you've been to the wedding, then you can complain behind my back like normal gossipers!

I don't want bridesmaids. I'm not saying that anyone who has had bridesmaids is wrong, or even that I am right! Only that I plan to have my sister up there with me BECAUSE I CAN'T CHOOSE BETWEEN MY CLOSEST FRIENDS!

I believe that my wedding is our first family reunion together. A family reunion is just family coming together -- exactly what will happen. No, I'm not having games or a big informal day, but if I did, would it no longer be a wedding? The only thing that is mandatory at a wedding is that two people pledge their lives to one another, and that's happening! 

I have learned my lesson. Don't talk about something if you don't want to hear someone's feelings about it. Simple as that. It's no one's fault but my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment