Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Chair rail? Check!

I have been on a crazy "we need to get our house projects done NOW" kick. I think it's because we're coming up to the one-year mark of living in our first home and we still haven't had a housewarming party (because I'm convinced the house isn't yet visitable by scrutanizing eyes).

After painting the antique chairs, every time we pushed back out of them, they'd transfer white paint on our milk chocolate walls. I thought chair rail was the answer. Chris wasn't sure. Wasn't the antique chair revamp project proof that he should listen to my design ideas?! Nevertheless, I proved right in the end -- and isn't that what matters most, ladies?

Chair rail along the worst of the scuff marks
Chair rail in the corner. We're probably going to paint the hutch white, too, to match the chairs and chair rail

No comments:

Post a Comment